- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus 1 tbsp for garnish
- 1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent. Add peppers and cook until peppers begin to soften. Sprinkle in salt and cumin.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, until garlic becomes fragrant. Add chicken and chili powder. Cook until chicken is cooked and juices run clear. Add tomatoes, corn, and black beans. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
- Stir in 1/2 the cheese and cilantro and let cheese melt. Top with remaining cheese and green onions. Cover for 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
- Serve with warm tortillas and/or rice, chopped avocados, pico de gallo, sour cream etc.