- 1 bunch cilantro with stems
- 1 bunch parsley, with stems
- 1 cup mint, stems removed
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 jalapeno, split in half and seeded (leave seeds in tact if you want spicier chimichurri)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Add all ingredients and 1/4 cup olive to a food processor jar. With the food processor on low speed or pulse, add in remaining olive oil. Do not puree completely. You should be able to see tiny pieces of the herbs. Use water to thin out if necessary.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze with a thin layer of olive oil on top and use within six months of freezing.