- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled diced (4–5 cups)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets (5 cups)
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3–4 medium apples, cored and diced
- 1/3 dried cranberries (sweetened with apple juice)
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 2 tbsp divided
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- A handful of chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss butternut squash with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Spread out on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Toss onions and cauliflower with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread out on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast vegetables in oven for 15-20 minutes, until squash becomes soft and cauliflower starts browning. Flip with spatula and roast for 5 more minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, place pumpkin seeds in a dry and toast over high heat, until the seeds become light golden brown. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper. Whisk rigorously with a wire whisk and slowly drizzle in remaining olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, onions, cauliflower, apples, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and parsley. Drizzle in dressing and gently toss with a spoon until well coated.
- *Add grilled chicken if desired*