- 3 large green plantains, peeled and sliced as thin as possible (I used a mandolin)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease. (parchment paper works best)
- In a large bowl, toss the raw plantain slices with the salt, oil and chili powder until evenly coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip chips and return to oven and bake another 7-10 minutes, until crispy and lightly browned. Keep a close eye on the chips because they burn very quickly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with more kosher salt if desired. Let cool.
- Serve with gauc and salsa or your favorite dips.