- 1 red bell pepper, cut into half inch strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into half inch strips
- 1 large red onion, sliced into half in half rings
- 1 large tomato,seeds removed and diced roughly
- 1 large english cucumber (or a seedless variety), diced roughly
- 1 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1 cup roughly chopped artichoke hearts packed in water
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 large head romaine, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup lightly crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- for dressing:
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and toss peppers and onions with olive oil and salt and arrange in a single layer. Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes, flipping vegetables over halfway through, to ensure even cooking. Set aside to cool once cooked.
- to make dressing: In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, and water and whisk to combine. While whisking rigorously, stream in olive oil until very well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce, cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, chickpeas, and artichoke hearts, and cooked onions and peppers together. Top with dressing and toss to coat, making sure to get the vegetables at the bottom.
- Add the feta cheese and toss lightly, make sure to keep the crumbles in tact.
- Serve immediately.