- for pizza:
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 pizza crust (recipe follows)**
- 3/4 cups pizza sauce (recipe follows)**
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 6–8 pickle slices
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard (you can squeeze directly onto pizza)
- PREHEAT OVEN to 425 degrees.
- MAKE THE CHEESEBURGER TOPPING: in a medium bowl, combine ground beef, salt, worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic powder, and chia seeds.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add ground beef mixture. Cook until beef is cooked through. Drain excess fat and set aside until ready to assemble pizza.
- ASSEMBLE THE PIZZA: spread pizza sauce evenly over crust. Top with mozzarella and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Spread cooked ground beef, onions, and pickles. Top with mustard, spread evently over pizza. Top off with remaining cheddar cheese.
- BAKE for 13-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is to desired doneness.
- Serve hot.
**for the sauce:
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp basil
for the crust (makes 3 12-14” pizzas):
6-7 cups flour
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
2 tsp sugar
3 tsp active yeast
3-4 cups warm water (warm or tepid)
MAKE THE CRUST: in the bowl of stand mixer, combine yeast and sugar with 1 cup water. Stir to dissolve yeast and allow to proof for 8-10 minutes. The mixture should rise and become bubbly. Attach the dough hook and start off on the lowest speed setting. Slowly add flour, one cup at a time. In between cups, add salt and garlic powder. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Add water, 1 cup at a time, until the dough starts to come together.
Gradually increase the speed and continue to mix until a ball forms. if the dough is too wet, add flour, 1/4 cup at a time. If it is too dry, add warm water, 1/4 cup at a time. Knead for 10 minutes.
Lightly oil a large bowl, for the dough into a ball, cover loosely, and let rise in a warm place for 45-mins to 1 hour, until doubled in size.
Punch the dough down, cover and let rise again in a warm place.
Divide into 3 even balls and roll out crust to desired thickness.
MAKE THE SAUCE: In a saucepan, combine all ingredients, stir and bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Store in airtight container and refrigerate if not using immediately.