- 12 oz whole spaghetti, cooked al-dente (you can use regular spaghetti if you want)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 red peppers
- 6 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2–2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups baby spinach, cooked until wilted
- ROAST THE PEPPERS: Turn oven on to full broiler and place cookie sheet with red peppers for 20 minutes, rotating peppers to char all sides evenly. Place in container with lid for 5-10 minutes, to allow the steam to loosen the skin on the peppers. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin off, remove stem and seeds.
- ROAST CAULIFLOWER: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss cauliflower and garlic cloves with 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until tender.
- MAKE THE SAUCE: In a blender or food processor place seeded roasted peppers, cauliflower, and garlic cloves with parmesan cheese, salt, 1 cup broth, and crushed red pepper. Puree for 1 minute and drizzle in remaining olive oil, and milk. Slowly drizzle in remaining broth, adding enough to get to desired consistency. Continue to puree for several minutes, until sauce is completely smooth.
- Toss sauce with cooked spaghetti on low heat, in a pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until sauce is heated. Top with wilted spinach and serve hot with with shaved/grated parmesan cheese.