- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 6–8 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs or legs (You can use skinless if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose fresno chili sauce + more sauce for brushing chicken and as a dipping sauce
- FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and cut into large strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into large strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and cut into large strips
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into eights (keep the root on, it keeps the onions intact)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- Wash and clean the chicken and pat dry. Toss the chicken in the fresno chili sauce and let marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss the veggies in olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Spread on a sheet pan in an even layer.
- Place pieces of chicken on the sheet pan with the veggies.
- Roast in the oven 40-45 mins, until chicken is completely cooked. If the chicken is burning, cover loosely with a piece of foil.
- Remove from oven and brush sauce on chicken if desired.
*Chicken can be marinated and frozen for up to 3 months. To cook, simply thaw and follow roasting directions.
**I’ve used both skin-on and skinless chicken and they’re both equally delicious. The skin-on chicken is a little bit fattier but the skin crisps up and is delicious!