- 4 slices of thick-cut bread (like challah or texas toast)
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups warm macaroni and cheese
- 6 slices jalepeno peppers (optional)
- 4 slices pickles (optional)
- 1–2 oz brisket (optional)
- Spread butter on each slice of bread. Place the bread butter side down to build the sandwich.
- Layer with one slice of cheddar cheese on each slice, cutting the cheese if necessary, to make it fit.
- Divide the macaroni and cheese equally between two slices of bread, on top of the cheese slices. Add any additional toppings remaining. Top with the remaining bread slices so that the butter side is now up on the top slice.
- Heat a large pan on medium low heat. Place sandwiches in pan and grill for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and cheese is melted. Carefully, flip sandwich over and grill until the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes. Press down gently with a spatula to bind the sandwich together.
- Remove from heat, slice diagonally and serve immediately.