- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil plus more to grease muffin pans
- 1 lb italian chicken sausage
- 3 medium yellow potatoes, skin on, diced
- 5 sundried tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1tbsp chives
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 14 whole eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenhiet and grease 2 12-cup muffin pans liberally.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, over medium to high heat. Add potatoes and saute for 3-4 minutes, until potatoes start to develop a golden brown crust. Add salt, pepper, and paprika and cook until potatoes become soft.
- Once the potatoes become tender, add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute, until garlic becomes fragrant and onions become translucent. Stir in chicken sausage, breaking the meat up evenly into the potatoes. Remove from heat and stir in thyme and chives. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together. Fold in potato and chicken sausage mixture until fully incorporated. Gently mix in basil ribbons.
- Divide the egg mixture into the muffin pan cups evenly and bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are just set and cooked.
- Remove from oven and cool before removing the muffins from the pan. Store tightly covered in the fridge up to 5 days.
- TO REHEAT: Heat wrapped in a paper towel for 30-45 seconds, until eggs are desired temperature.