- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ garam masala
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder or to taste
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 cans 15.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 10 oz fingerling or baby red potatoes, quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp cilantro for garnish
- black pepper if desired
- 4 pieces of crusty bread or pita triangles
- Heat a 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add garam masala and salt. Add tomatoes and once they start to simmer, add paprika, and chili powder. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon or potato masher, gently mash the tomato mixture to release the liquid. Add mint, cover again and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Remove tomato sauce into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to high heat and add remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add potatoes and stir to coat potatoes with whatever tomato sauce remains in the pan. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, until the potatoes become crispy. Turn the potatoes to cook the other side, until they become tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add the tomato sauce on top of the potatoes and bring to a simmer. Create 4 wells and crack an into each well. Crumble goat cheese evenly top of the eggs and tomato sauce. Cover with lid and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro. Serve hot, with bread.