- 2 packages brownie mix
- 1 3.3 oz french vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp instant coffee granules (decaf or regular)
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups cold milk
- 1 6.8 oz bar of toffee covered chocolate bar (or 3 smaller ones)
- 1 1/2 containers Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate syrup (to coat bowl and add between layers)
- chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- Cool Whip in a piping bag (for garnish)
- Toss chocolate chips in flour and stir in 1 tsp instant coffee granules. Mix into brownie mix and prepare brownies according to package directions for cakelike brownies, in an 11X13 pan. Cool completely and cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a large bowl, whisk in pudding mix into milk. Sprinkle in 1 tbsp instant coffee and stir until fully incorporated. Let stand for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 full container of Cool Whip, until fully blended into the pudding.
- Coat a trifle bowl with a thin layer of of chocolate syrup, going up about 1 inch on the sides.
- Layer brownies, fitting them in tightly.
- Add another thin layer of chocolate syrup.
- Crumble 1/3 of candy bar on top of the brownies and chocolate syrup, spreading evenly.
- Spoon 1/3 of mocha mousse and spread evenly.
- Repeat two more times. Top final layer with mocha mousse.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and pipe with remaining Cool Whip on top, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.