- 5 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4–5 tbsp natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or apple sweetener* (or less if you prefer less sweet)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cashew butter or nut butter alternative**
- a pinch of sea salt, plus more for garnishing
- OPTIONAL GARNISHES: chopped cashews, chopped almonds, unsweetened coconut flakes, flaked sea salt
- Using the double boiler method, melt chocolate completely on low heat and stir in coconut oil. Stir in liquid sweetener and pinch of sea salt. Alternatively, combine coconut oil and chocolate and microwave in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, until chocolate is fully melted. Stir in sweetner and pinch of sea salt.
- Pour 2 tsp of melted chocolate into candy mold or paper lined muffin tin. Add 1 tsp nut butter on top, pressing down if needed. cover with 1-2 tsp melted chocolate, sprinkle with sea salt and garnishes of your choice and freeze until the chocolate is fully solid, about 1 hour.
- To store, refrigerate in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Chocolate melts faster than regular candy at room temp.
*I got a low glycemic apple sweetener from Whole Foods.
**I’ve used almond, peanut, and pistachio butter but like cashew butter the best